This product is made of PVC and fiberglass and is therefore perfectly cleanable with water and detergent. Most stains are easily and quickly removable, in contrast with other types of textile floorcoverings. A good maintenance guarantees, not only an increased life expectancy, a perfect hygiene and a better aesthetic but also far better appearance retention in time.
1. General Information
The floorcovering needs to be installed by a professional installer. We will not be responsible for poor workmanship or problems due to improper installation. Tiles are the most appropriate floor covering for raised floors since they can also be removed.
2. Sub-Floor Preparation
An appropriate preparation is essential for a perfect and long lasting result. The floor has to be clean, crack free, greaseproof, pressure-resistant and permanently dry. The tiles can not be fitted on old textile subfloors.
2.1. IN NEW CONSTRUCTIONS
1. Treat the surface with primer.
2. Apply afterwards a self levelling compound, 24 hours prior to installation.
This compound is then grinded and vacuum cleaned. Take heed, depending on construction of the floor, of the allowed residual humidity and possible rising moisture.
3. If necessary, apply a damp screen as a moisture barrier.
2.2. RENOVATION PROJECTS
1. All remainders of previous floor covering must be removed carefully.
2. Whenever necessary, cracks and clefts should be filled before the floor is treated with a bicomponent primer.
3. Check sub floor on possible rising moisture and, if necessary, apply a damp screen.
4. Apply afterwards a self levelling compound. Levelled and grinded surfaces are essential for perfect an optical result.
3.1. STOCKING THE TILES AND MATERIAL CHECK
Before installation, tiles are to be kept in the original packing and original pallet. The boxes should be stored flat, in straight piles of maximum 12 boxes. To avoid damages, 2 pallets should never be piled up.
The following indoor climate conditions are to be met: a floor temperature of at least 15°C (60°F), a room temperature between 18°C (65°F) and 25° (77°F) and a relative humidity of the air not to exceed 75%. Allow the tiles a period of at least 48 hours to adapt to the temperature in the room before installation.
3.3. TYPES OF INSTALLATION
The recommended fitting patterns are as below:
3.4.1. PRIOR TO INSTALLATION
Check each tile for visual defects prior to installing or cutting. Otherwise notify us before proceeding with installation.
3.4.2. ADHENSIVE- PU SEALER APPLICATION
The tiles do not require the use of a permanent bond adhesive. The tiles should be installed with a peel up adhesive. The adhesive should be perfectly dried (transparent color) before fitting otherwise permanent adhesion may occur.
Application of PU sealer (Dr. Schutz recommended) is obligatory for the proper maintenance of the product and product’s guarantee.
1. Start with one tile in a doorway on the parting of the rooms. Draw a line parallel to the wall starting from this tile. Draw a second line at a distance of a few tiles, at right angles to the first line. (Image 1)
2. Apply the peel up adhesive, leave it to dry completely and start again from the doorway. (Image 2)
3. Install the next tile firmly in the corner formed by the previously fitted tile. (Image 3)
4. Finish by installing the perimeter cuts (Image 4):
– put the border tile to be cut (2) on the tile which is fitted last (1)
– push a tile against the wall (3)
– cut the border tile (2) along tile (3)
– install the border tile (2) cut to measure
5. Additional fitting instructions:
– Some visible white glass fibers may be apparent at the sides of each tile at the seams. We advise to brush or rub away these fibers with a damp cloth before installation.
4. GENERAL TIPS
– If castor chairs are used, it is recommended to use hard castors in polyamide.
– Rubber materials (e.g. car tires) can affect the colour in case of long term contract. It is therefore advisable to provide special protection in case of frequent contact with rubber materials.
– We don’t advise the use of tiles for outdoor applications.
– This product is suitable for floor heating.
– Once the installation has been completed the surface should be protected particularly if the area is to be used by other trades during final finishing.
For any questions in that respect our Technical Services Department will be pleased to assist you.
Permanent for Tiles
– Ultrabond Eco 375
– Ultrabond Eco V4SP
– Mapecryl Eco
Removable for Tiles
– Ultrabond Eco Tack LVT
– Ultrabond Eco Fix